- Start: November 11, 2018 12:00 am
- End: November 11, 2018 12:00 am
WHAT IS IT?
The GNH Experience is held every 11 November since 2016, to commemorate two significant events – the birth anniversary of the Father of GNH, HM Jigme Singye Wangchuck, the Fourth King of Bhutan and the National Happiness Day. It is led by the GNH Centre Bhutan (GNHCB) to promote GNH, create a platform for dialogue and advocacy on wellbeing, and to connect people to GNH. It is a small effort to complement the Royal Government’s vision to, “promote those conditions that will enable the pursuit of Gross National Happiness”. The GNH Experience through various thematic events takes the noble vision of GNH forward for both Bhutanese and the international community. This is done through creative channels of learning to achieve societal change, nurturing human values and promoting community relationships. The GNHCB is passionate about creating a better world with true happiness and sees itself as a cultivator of compassionate GNH values.
THE 2018 GNH EXPERIENCE: “EXPRESSIONS OF HAPPINESS”
This year’s theme is designed as an international cultural festival in Bhutan, between Bhutanese and other world citizens to demonstrate through dance, music, poetry and other creative expressions to experience, promote and embrace the values of GNH.
- A key element for participants will be to demonstrate through the creative arts how GNH creates a space for meaningful development, promoting the arts, embracing culture and values, and how each of us as individuals have a responsibility in shaping a sustainable future for the planet.
- The international community based in Bhutan or visiting are invited to be part of the event, to bring food, dance, music, games, and much more to represent the culture and traditions of their home countries.
- Each country representative will be given an opportunity to share their performances, expressions and information.
- A stage will be set up for performances of song, dance, skits, and any other kind of creative entertainment.
The GNH Experience for 2018 is a unique opportunity to showcase international diversity, share and learn about heritage, and values that are closest to our hearts. We would be very excited to have you participate and help us to inspire Bhutan through cultural awareness and to gain further appreciation for all traditions of the world.
Let’s work together and connect people from different continents through something that we all have in common: a goal for happiness and love for the world around us!
Past GNH Experiences:
2017 GNH Experience “Promoting Community Vitality”: The 2017 GNH Experience welcomed Members of Parliament, officials from the Civil Society Organizations, International Agencies, Government, Corporations and local public to participate in the GNH activities and promote GNH values in the urban capital of Thimphu.
2016 GNH Experience “Celebrating Happiness and Wellbeing”: The first GNH Experience took off in 2016 as a three-day event commemorating the birth anniversary of HM Jigme Singye Wangchuck and promoting GNH values, yoga and meditation, dance, storytelling, and free health checkups.